Fruit & Pasta Salad
9 ounces uncooked any pasta you like I like bow tie or spiral
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tart green apples(Granny Smiths), chopped
2 medium red apples(Red Delicious), chopped
2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, apples, grapes, celery and mandarin oranges. Gently stir in 1 cup yogurt mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate salad and remaining yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, stir in bananas, walnuts and remaining yogurt mixture.
Yield: 16 servings.
I hope you enjoy!
Eat, Love and Enjoy Life!