Juicing For Life With Master Chef
Start your day with something green!Ingredients:
- Apples (green) - 2 medium (3" dia)
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber (8-1/4")
- Grapes (green) - 15 grape
- Pepper (sweet green) - 1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia)
- Tomato - 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)
Process all ingredients in a juicer, shake or stir and serve.
- Digestion100(100%)The organic acids in tomato fruit and juice enhance the digestive function by stimulating salivary and gastric secretions, thereby promoting the digestion of foods rich in starch (such as bread, pasta, rice and potatoes), as well as in protein (such as meat, fish, eggs and milk products).Apples contain a natural laxative. When juiced, it helps aid bowel movements. It is most effective when mixed with carrots and spinach juices, you can expect bowel movement the next day. Regularly eating apples also will ensure bowel movements due to its gel-forming fiber, pectin. It improves the intestinal muscle's ability to push waste through the gastrointestinal tract.Carrots have a cleansing action on the liver and helps it to release more bile, which will cause peristaltic action. This can help to relieve constipation and help with digestion.The high fiber content in spinach makes it a remarkable intestinal tract scrubber. It cleans out the system by removing the accumulated wastes in the digestive tracts by its mildly laxative effect. More importantly, it also repairs, heals and nourishes the tracts and tones up their functions. An excellent help for constipation, colitis, poor digestion or stomach ulcers.A bell pepper is a stimulant herb. It helps relieve gastrointestinal problems like indigestion, stomach ulcers, colic,dyspepsia, diarrhea and gas.
- Pain Relief100(100%)Capsaicin in bell peppers blocks transmission of pain, so it can help relieve pain to a certain degree. It is also effective for eliminating headaches and migraines.
- Lung Cancer Prevention91(91%)According to a study of 10,000 people, those who ate the most apples had a 50 percent lower risk of developing lung cancer. Researchers believe this is due to the high levels of the flavonoids quercetin and naringin in apples. Beta-carotene consumption has been linked to reduced risk of several cancers, notably lung cancer. British researchers discovered that increasing beta-carotene consumption from 1.7 to 2.7 milligrams a day reduced lung cancer risk more than 40 percent. The average carrot contains about three milligrams of Beta-carotene. In a study, researchers found that eating fiber rich carrots reduce the risk of colon cancer by as much as 24 percent. Another study shows that women who ate raw carrots were five to eight times less likely to develop breast cancer than women who did not eat carrots.
- Improved Complexion86(86%)The silica in cucumber is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, which includes intracellular cement, muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bone. Cucumber juice is often recommended as a source of silicon to improve the complexion and health of the skin, plus cucumber’s high water content makes it naturally hydrating–a must for glowing skin.Lycopene in tomatoes is said to improve the skin's ability to protect against harmful UV rays. Tomato is a skin food suitable for healing from internal or externally. Its rich vitamin A and C makes it helpful for anti-aging skin, skin imperfections and brightens up a dull complexion.The high quality vitamin C and other rich nutrients in carrot juice efficiently nourish the skin, preventing dry skin, psoriasis and other skin blemishes. It also has powerful cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver, which is overall effective for acne which can be caused by toxicity of the blood.
- Lower Cholesterol86(86%)The pectin in apples lowers LDL ("bad") cholesterol. People who eat two apples per day may lower their cholesterol by as much as 16 percent.Pectin in carrots lowers the serum cholesterol levels.Bell pepper juice can significantly help to reduce cholesterol. The concentrated anti-oxidant fights oxidative stress that is the main culprit in oxidizing the LDLs in our blood. In the process, it also retards the development of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and lower blood pressure.
- Asthma Help79(79%)One recent study shows that children with asthma who drank apple juice on a daily basis suffered from less wheezing than children who drank apple juice only once per month. Another study showed that children born to women who eat a lot of apples during pregnancy have lower rates of asthma than children whose mothers ate few apples. The high level of vitamin C in bell peppers coupled with flavonoids make bell peppers a very good food that helps prevent respiratory problems like asthma, emphysema, wheezing, lung infections, etc.
- Bone Protection79(79%)French researchers found that a flavanoid called phloridzin that is found only in apples may protect post-menopausal women from osteoporosis and may also increase bone density. Boron, another ingredient in apples, also strengthens bones.Tomato juice is an excellent source of vitamin C, calcium and phosphorous, all nicely packaged for maintaining the structural integrity of bones and teeth.The high content of vitamin K is essential in anchoring calcium in bones, making it important to bone health.
- Weight Loss78(78%)A Brazilian study found that women who ate three apples or pears per day lost more weight while dieting than women who did not eat fruit while dieting.Bell peppers help increase our body metabolism by lowering triglycerides which are stored in our body fats. This helps to burn calories more effectively.
- Lower Blood Pressure72(72%)When people who participated in the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) Study added foods high in potassium, magnesium and fiber, their blood pressure dropped to healthier levels. Those people in the study who ate a diet rich in these compounds in addition to the other foods on this diet (low fat dairy foods, seafood, lean meat and poultry) lowered their blood pressure by 5.5 points (systolic) over 3.0 points (diastolic). A recent study also shows that certain protein compounds in spinach are beneficial in lowering high blood pressure.Bell pepper juice can significantly help to reduce cholesterol. The concentrated anti-oxidant fights oxidative stress that is the main culprit in oxidizing the LDLs in our blood. In the process, it also retards the development of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and lower blood pressure.
- Liver Cancer Prevention67(67%)Research found that rats fed an extract from apple skins had a 57 percent lower risk of liver cancer.
- Alzheimer's Prevention67(67%)A study on mice at Cornell University found that the quercetin in apples may protect brain cells from the kind of free radical damage that may lead to Alzheimer's disease.
- Cancer Prevention66(66%)Several research studies have shown that lycopene, a carotenoid pigment found in the skin and flesh of tomatoes, may play a role in the prevention of some types of cancer, including lung, prostate and colon cancer. Lycopene derives its health benefits primarily from its antioxidant activity which is even higher than that of betacarotene. Thus, it is an extremely powerful anti-oxidant activity that lycopene acts as an anti-cancer agent.The fine chlorophyll and carotene (lutein) found in spinach is beneficial in fighting and preventing cancer. A variety of flavonoid compounds found in this vegetable are powerful anti-oxidants and anti-cancer agents. Studies have shown that properties in spinach slows down cancerous cell division, especially in cancers of the breast, cervical, prostate, stomach, and skin.Colored bell peppers contain very high anti-oxidant and phytonutrients that are especially helpful in preventing cancers of the bladder, cervix, pancreas and prostate.
- Colon Cancer Prevention65(65%)One study found that rats fed an extract from apple skins had a 43 percent lower risk of colon cancer. Other research shows that the pectin in apples reduces the risk of colon cancer and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Macular Degeneration Prevention62(62%)This is a common eye disease of elderly. It impairs the macula. Researches found that people who ate the most Beta-carotene had a forty percent lower risk of macular degeneration compared with those who consumed the least.The abundance content of vitamin A and carotenoids help prevent age-related eye problems. When combined with endive and carrot juice, it effectively helps prevent macular degeneration, night blindness, and the development of cataracts.The high vitamin C and beta-carotene makes bell peppers especially beneficial in preventing eye problems like astigmatism, cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Breast Cancer Prevention61(61%)A Cornell University study found that rats who ate one apple per day reduced their risk of breast cancer by 17 percent. Rats fed three apples per day reduced their risk by 39 percent and those fed six apples per day reduced their risk by 44 percent. Tomatoes are a good dietary source of melatonin. Melatonin protects against breast cancer in several ways, including by reducing aromatase activity within the breast, thereby reducing estrogen production. Several studies of early-stage breast cancer survivors have found that higher levels of cartenoids in the blood are associated with both lower risk of break cancer recurrence and lower risk of a new primary breast tumor. Another study found that plasma levels of retinol (a form of vitamin A that is a by-product of ?-carotene in the body) also are positively associated with breast cancer survival in postmenopausal women.
- Immune System52(52%)Carrots do wonders for boosting the immune system by increasing the production and performance of white blood cells; building resistant to various kinds of infections.Bell pepper's strong content of vitamin C stimulates white cells to fight infection, naturally building a good immune system.
- Reduce Inflammation46(46%)It is well known that vitamin C, which is highly dense in tomato juice, helps prevent and fight inflammation. A recent study has shown that tomatoes contain another powerful anti-inflammatory agent, which is particularly concentrated in the tomato skin that fights inflammation. The high alkalinity properties in spinach makes it the perfect choice of food for people suffering inflammatory ailments, like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Heart Disease Prevention41(41%)In a study meant to reveal therapeutic value of carrots researchers at the Wolfson Gastrointestinal Laboratory in Edinburgh, Scotland revealed that cholesterol level reduces by 11 percent if seven ounces of raw carrots a day is taken for thee weeks. High cholesterol is a major factor for heart disease. Since regular consumption of carrots reduces cholesterol level it is good to prevent heart related problems. A group of Swedish scientists discovered that root vegetables can reduce the chances of having a heart attack. A study conducted at the Mario Negri Institute of Pharmacological Research in Italy found that those who ate more carrots had one third the risk of heart attack as compared with those who ate fewer carrots. Tomato improves heart health by helping lower blood pressure due to its high content in potassium. It also prevents the oxidation of cholesterol, which is one of the first steps in the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Improving Eyesight38(38%)Deficiency of vitamin A can cause some difficulty seeing in dim light. Since carrot is rich in vitamin A it is good for improving eyesight.
- Stroke Prevention32(32%)A carrot a day reduces stroke risk by 68 percent. Many studies have strengthened the “carrot effect” on brain. Studies conducted on stroke patients revealed that those with highest levels of Beta carotene have the best survival rate.
- Reduce Water Retention32(32%)Carrot juice is diuretic and helps to eliminate excess fluids from the body, reducing water retention, especially for women during their monthly menstruation cycle and in pregnant women.
- Antioxidants27(27%)Several antioxidant substances are contained in tomato juice, including lycopene, betacarotene, vitamin C and selenium, which can be helpful in preventing the damage caused by free radicals to body tissues leading to premature aging and many chronic degenerative diseases.
- Detoxification25(25%)Not only does tomato juice have anti-oxidant and diuretic properties and improves the digestive function, it also stimulates the detoxifying function of the liver and kidneys. The overall result of these effects is a more efficient removal of toxins from the body with consequent improved health and well-being.
- Energy25(25%)The high content of potassium and phosphorous in this red juice helps relieve the symptoms of stress, tiredness, fatigue, muscle weakness, as well as prevent muscle spasms and cramps.
- Prostate Cancer Prevention16(16%)
- Blood Cleanse12(12%)The high grade content of iron in spinach makes it a great blood builder. It regenerates and reactivates the red blood cells and supplies fresh oxygen to the body.