Juicing for Life With Master Chef
This is for beginners that are looking for a green juice that tastes great. It's sweet while having a nice citrus flavor to it.If you have a masticating juicer, this will come out just like in the picture. If you have a centrifuge, then you may want to skip this recipe because you may not be able to get much juice out of the spinach. You can still try it, but don't be surprised if it shoots all of the spinach in the bin and a few drops come out. If you still really want to try it, you can juice everything except for the spinach, then blend the juice with the spinach to finish it off. This makes anywhere between 24-32oz depending on the size of the produce.Ingredients
- Apples - 3 medium (3" dia)
- Celery - 4 stalk, large (11"-12" long)
- Ginger - 1/4 thumb (1" dia)
- Lemon (with rind) - 1/2 fruit (2-1/8" dia)
- Orange (peeled) - 1 large (3-1/16" dia)
You don't have to peel the lemon, but make sure you peel the orange. The orange's skin is very bitter and can ruin the flavor.
- Liver Cancer Prevention100(100%)Research found that rats fed an extract from apple skins had a 57 percent lower risk of liver cancer.
- Alzheimer's Prevention100(100%)A study on mice at Cornell University found that the quercetin in apples may protect brain cells from the kind of free radical damage that may lead to Alzheimer's disease.
- Bone Protection96(96%)French researchers found that a flavanoid called phloridzin that is found only in apples may protect post-menopausal women from osteoporosis and may also increase bone density. Boron, another ingredient in apples, also strengthens bones.The high content of vitamin K is essential in anchoring calcium in bones, making it important to bone health.
- Asthma Help94(94%)One recent study shows that children with asthma who drank apple juice on a daily basis suffered from less wheezing than children who drank apple juice only once per month. Another study showed that children born to women who eat a lot of apples during pregnancy have lower rates of asthma than children whose mothers ate few apples. Lemon juice assists in curing respiratory problems, along with breathing problems and revives a person suffering from asthma. Lemon, being a rich rich source of vitamin C, helps in dealing with respiratory disorders.
- Weight Loss93(93%)A Brazilian study found that women who ate three apples or pears per day lost more weight while dieting than women who did not eat fruit while dieting.Adding lemon juice to a beverage can help increase weight loss.
- Digestion83(83%)One of ginger's most touted health benefits is its ameliorating effects on digestive ailments. It can help digest fatty foods and break down proteins. It is excellent for reducing gas. Many people report that it will also relieve nausea, and can be effective in treating morning sickness as well as motion sickness.Lemon juice helps to cure problems related to indigestion and consitpation.Apples contain a natural laxative. When juiced, it helps aid bowel movements. It is most effective when mixed with carrots and spinach juices, you can expect bowel movement the next day. Regularly eating apples also will ensure bowel movements due to its gel-forming fiber, pectin. It improves the intestinal muscle's ability to push waste through the gastrointestinal tract.The high fiber content in spinach makes it a remarkable intestinal tract scrubber. It cleans out the system by removing the accumulated wastes in the digestive tracts by its mildly laxative effect. More importantly, it also repairs, heals and nourishes the tracts and tones up their functions. An excellent help for constipation, colitis, poor digestion or stomach ulcers.
- Lower Cholesterol75(75%)The pectin in apples lowers LDL ("bad") cholesterol. People who eat two apples per day may lower their cholesterol by as much as 16 percent.Recent studies show that ginger might also have a role in lowering LDL cholesterol because the spice can help reduce the amount of cholesterol that is absorbed.Recent studies shown that limonoids in lemons help in reducing cholesterol.
- Lung Cancer Prevention74(74%)According to a study of 10,000 people, those who ate the most apples had a 50 percent lower risk of developing lung cancer. Researchers believe this is due to the high levels of the flavonoids quercetin and naringin in apples.
- Breast Cancer Prevention72(72%)A Cornell University study found that rats who ate one apple per day reduced their risk of breast cancer by 17 percent. Rats fed three apples per day reduced their risk by 39 percent and those fed six apples per day reduced their risk by 44 percent. Recent studies shown that limonoids in lemons inhibit the development of cancer in laboratory animals and in human breast cancer cells.
- Colon Cancer Prevention72(72%)One study found that rats fed an extract from apple skins had a 43 percent lower risk of colon cancer. Other research shows that the pectin in apples reduces the risk of colon cancer and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Lower Blood Pressure62(62%)Celery calms the nerve because of the high calcium content & helps in controlling high blood pressure. Raw celery should be eaten to reduce high blood pressure.Drinking lemon juice is helpful for people suffering with heart problems as it contains potassium. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as provides relaxation to mind and body. It reduces mental stress and depression.A recent study also shows that certain protein compounds in spinach are beneficial in lowering high blood pressure.
- Reduce Inflammation33(33%)Ginger can also help reduce inflammation. So it can be used to treat any disease that is caused by inflammations such as arthritis or ulcerative colitis. Some studies show that it can even help inhibit the replication of the herpes simplex virus.The high alkalinity properties in spinach makes it the perfect choice of food for people suffering inflammatory ailments, like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cancer Prevention29(29%)Ginger has been shown in animal trials to help slow or even prevent cancerous tumor growth.The fine chlorophyll and carotene (lutein) found in spinach is beneficial in fighting and preventing cancer. A variety of flavonoid compounds found in this vegetable are powerful anti-oxidants and anti-cancer agents. Studies have shown that properties in spinach slows down cancerous cell division, especially in cancers of the breast, cervical, prostate, stomach, and skin.
- Blood Cleanse25(25%)The high grade content of iron in spinach makes it a great blood builder. It regenerates and reactivates the red blood cells and supplies fresh oxygen to the body.
- Macular Degeneration Prevention21(21%)The abundance content of vitamin A and carotenoids help prevent age-related eye problems. When combined with endive and carrot juice, it effectively helps prevent macular degeneration, night blindness, and the development of cataracts.
- Increased Blood Circulation13(13%)Being a warming herb, ginger can help knock out a fever. This property also makes it effective in stimulating circulation of the blood. It can also help relax muscles around the blood vessels and is said to help prevent blood clots from forming. The warming effects make it a natural decongestant as well as an antihistamine, making it the perfect remedy for colds.
- Improved Complexion4(4%)Lemon juice, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin. Drinking of lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings glow to the skin.